Every spring third graders from throughout the San Ramon Valley have the opportunity to participate in a living history program at the restored One Room School in the Tassajara Valley. School marms and school masters conduct an authentic 1888 school day. The school is located at 1650 Finley Road, Danville (Official address is Pleasanton).
In a program designed by Mistress and former teacher Joan Kurtz, the students use slates, learn to cipher, recite from a McGuffey Reader and play nineteenth century games. They dress in period clothes, tie their horses in the stable and eat farm lunches.
For more information about the program, please contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 837-3750.